Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On laziness and sloth

I have not been writing. I don’t know why. But I have resolved to get the better of myself. It’s the old game again. No. :-) Not meeting meeting.  That one I play at work. It’s the other one. It’s Rachanah v/s Rachanah. Well, no one can get the better of me but myself. Bet you are thinking you can. Well of course you can, if ‘I’ let you. :-)

There are so many things I want to write about. Every night between that magical state of half waking and half sleep … when I am happily relinquishing the day, smiling at small jokes, reliving small moments of tenderness, making little notes for the next day, forgiving anger in me and others, and generally cheerleading myself saying ‘you did good girl’ … this is the time when I get most of my blog thoughts. But I have been lazy. I think to myself ‘Man this one is so good … I will never forget this.’ ‘Or this one is so close to my heart, I am bound to get it right.’ I wake up in the morning. I remember I had a great thought but damn if I could remember what it is.

Now I should hardly be uploading this. But I better. As a lesson to myself. At least that will spur me on to ‘write’ something real the next time. Sorry for cheating you though.  If its any consolation, this is real too.

No comments:

Post a Comment