Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Be Unforgettable

We spent a year together. Well, almost.

Every day he ferried me to and from work.

Making my first days – actually every day - in a strange new place so very smooth and fun. Going out of his way to pick me up or drop me.

Showing me landmarks, pointing out things I could do.

He never made me feel that he is doing me a favour.
(I don’t think he thinks that still.)

What he does think and never tires of pointing out
is that he is the handsomest chauffeur ever.

Thanks to him, I have a new name. Dhoom2.
(And 'parcel' thanks to Radhi.)

Thanks to him I love Hindi film music now.
Even the whacky ones. (Ay hip-hopper playing in my head now)

So Sam. Here it is.

Thanks for stopping for Hardy’s burger every time I got a craving.

Thanks for letting me use and abuse your booze license.

Thanks for letting me come with you guys for movies.

Thanks for making me feel that I was not alone.

For being a phone call away. For being a shout away. For lunches and binges. For advice. For buying tissues when I did not know that you knew I was in the dumps. For the best khichdi in Dubai. For being the first at my farewell. For demanding a blog post about you. For always being there. For just being.

Unforgettable, that’s what you are. Too.

PS: And thanks to Radhi for always being my friend too. For always letting me sit up front. For all the late night co-ordination. ;-) I think if I had stayed longer you would end up being my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment