Monday, January 3, 2011

Exorcism At Midnight

Another night of ghosts.
The lovers.
They follow me everywhere.

Downed Asahis
and just across from where I sat
I watched the ghosts of two lovers in a car
demand each other from the universe.

Played Uno.
The ghost wanted to play with me.
I was crying inside you see.
And he knows just how to change my mood.

Was offered the wheel of an automatic.
Challenged to a drive.
And suddenly it wasn't last night.
It was another night. Another car. Another me. Another him.
It was the ghost telling me to take the wheel.

I drove ... sweetly ... all over my city.
It took just half a minute to pick up automatic driving again.
The windows were down.
The leather smelled good.
Music I liked on the stereo. For me.
I drove well.
The way the ghost likes me to.

Was shown my city at night.
Treated to a stunning view of lights.
Raced a couple of cars.
Watched the ships and boats anchored off coast.
Heard the waves lap.
Drove everywhere.
In one of those buildings my ghost half is asleep.
Is asleep. Is asleep.

He sleeps my sleep.
I sleep not a wink.
The exorcism failed. Yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment