Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Dada

Dada, it’s your birthday today.


I am going to ask you for some gifts.


Another sleepy morning with bhajans playing as I wake up.



A-1 puffs on your walk back from Bandstand.

Of course, we will both grin and wink as Mom mutters,

‘She does not eat so much. Get just one.’



I will cut my hair again today.

‘Boy cut’ just the way you liked it.



And do let’s go take a drive in our ‘Big Black Car’.

(Well, it’s not black. But that’s the only place I cheated.)



You siesta once more on my bed, Dad.



And just maybe we can do a ‘chakkar’ to Fendi after that.



Or you go get me bhel puri and sev puri for Mum.



You please watch Laughter Challenge on my TV.



Let Brandy yelp in irritation and snarl because you teased him.



This weekend I will not go to Dahisar.

Or even if I do, I will come back before you wake up.



And oh yes! Let’s order food from China Gate.

Just the way I had promised you that last day.



I promise we will ‘Not waste the prawns.’

No comments:

Post a Comment