Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If you don’t understand my words, You will never understand my silences.

What should we talk about?

What makes for an interesting conversation? Captivating, even.

Someone told me the other day that she likes my blog.

She looks forward to my posts and has even noticed that they have been coming at longer intervals.
(Guilty as charged Maria aunty! And thanks for pointing it out.)

But I thought my blog was mundane.

About everyday things.

Small things that have happened to me or people around me.

Little things that should be interesting only to me, right?

Little things that make up a day. My day?

Just a thought. Just a glimmer. Just news. A small new dream. A hare brained plan of escape that Monday morning will drag you back from. Or that you will discard the next hour. A joke someone told. Or that you made up, like my Jack and Jill one.

Is that mundane?

And if it is, is the mundane ridiculous?

And even if it is ridiculous, so what?

What should one do?

Stay silent? Hide the mundane? Wait for a momentous happening?

And when that does happen, will you remember to talk?

Will you remember how to share? Will you even feel like doing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment